Embracing student diversity and multiple perspectives is critical to the success of the campus community. As part of Institute Diversity, the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion encourages students to excel academically, interact across cultures and perspectives, and value inclusion.
The purpose of the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion is to serve students from all backgrounds and encourage them to be inventive leaders who think globally.
The Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion also strives to be a positive, enriching environment to connect diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community stakeholders through effective programs, projects, networks, and research.
Focused on the recruitment, retention, and advancement of underrepresented minority and women students, the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion houses the following units and initiatives:
- OHI – Provides programs and pathways to success for the Hispanic/Latino community, primarily current and prospective students and their families, faculty, and staff.
- OMED – Provides programs and pathways to success for traditionally underrepresented students: African-American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American.
- WST – Develops initiatives and collaborations that promote faculty and student interaction around research and practices in STEM.
- Outreach Initiative – Assists Georgia Tech in discovering and developing its future pool of talented and diverse students.
- Focus – Encourages the nation’s best and brightest diverse students to pursue graduate studies and careers in academia.